Camille Jayne is known as a successful businesswoman, change agent and community leader of high integrity, having been one of the few women Chairman and CEOs of a U.S. public company. She has an excellent reputation as a strategic planning, business development, operational processes and creative marketing expert, and educator – in the corporate and philanthropic worlds. She is a charismatic and inspirational leader who understands how to quickly propel businesses to success.
- As the president and CEO, led and mentored the team in a turnaround of The Community House, a 92 year old nonprofit that had previously accumulated $2M in negative operating loss over a decade, and led the team to a +$682K positive cash flow growth in 36 months; while increasing topline revenue 34%.
- As Chairman & CEO of public consumer electronics company Universal Electronics, Inc., led their turnaround, resulting in a tenfold market cap growth, profitability, and becoming the global market leader.
- As Consultant/Acting CEO, strategically restructured two companies to double digit growth.
- Developer of market leading products in consumer goods, digital TV, consumer electronics, financial services and community education.
- Strategic and business planning, marketing, branding, and operational processes consultant.
- Director on multiple public, private and non profit boards.
- Trained at The Pillsbury Company (food products), Procter & Gamble (haircare products).
- Head of the Liabilities Division and Corporate Advertising at Comerica Bank.
- SVP Digital TV at Telecommunications, Inc.
- University of Michigan - MBA in Marketing/Product Development
- Stanford University - MFA (Master of Fine Arts) in Graphic/Product Design
- Stanford University - BA in Design & Pre Med, with Distinction
- Congressional Tribute by Rep. David Trott on Floor of House of Representatives
- Community Service Award, American Youth Foundation, MI.
- United States SBA Women In Business of the Year Champion
- Women In Business of the Year Award – Orange County Business Journal
- “10 Most Powerful People/Busiest CO in Orange County” OC Metro Business
- Cover Story: Power Profile– OC Metro Business Magazine; Busiest CEO
CURRENT FOR PROFIT AND NONPROFIT BOARD SEATS
- Bitcentral, Inc.: Director, Irvine, CA (Digital news content/distribution)
- WalkStyles, Inc.: Board of Advisors, Laguna Hills, CA (Wellness)
- Detroit Historical Society: Board of Trustees, Detroit, MI
FORMER PUBLIC & NONPROFIT BOARD SEATS
- The Community House, Director/Executive Committee, Birmingham, MI
- The UC Irvine Paul Merage School of Business
- Center for Investment and Wealth Management – Charter Founder/Board Advisor
- Girls Inc.-OC.
- Board of Trustees, Chair Corporate Partnerships, Costa Mesa, CA
- NAWBO-OC (National Association of Women Business Owners)
- As President, grew into largest chapter in the US in 18 months
- Cranbrook Educational Community: School Board of Governors, MI
- Universal Electronics Inc., (Public) Chairman of the Board - Cypress, CA
- Syntellect, Inc., Director (Public); Director, Phoenix, AZ
- Speech enabled customer software; $30M; sold to Enghouse, Canada in 2003)
- United Video, (Public); Director, Tulsa, OK $300M; now known as TV Guide)
- V-Bits, (Public); Director, San Francisco, CA; Sold to Cisco)
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR AND LECTURER POSITIONS
- Oakland University School of Business – EMBA Visiting Lecturer (Current)
- UC Irvine Paul Merage School of Business – MBA Adjunct Professor (Wealth Management)
- Oakland University School of Business – MBA Adjunct Professor (Marketing)
- University of Michigan, School of Architecture – Adjunct Professor (Marketing & Design)
- Lawrence Institute of Technology, School of Architecture – Assistant Professor of Design